For many, a server room is cold, static, and unexciting. But this data powerhouse is crucial for daily business operations. After all, this is where valuable client information and corporate records are stored. Server room problems can be catastrophic for your business; it can paralyze the operation and may even cause you to lose income. Thus, maintaining its cleanliness and orderliness is essential for smooth business operations.
There are many ways to keep your server room running efficiently and maintain its maximum performance. One of the keys to a well-maintained server room is regular cleaning.
Server room cleaning, however, requires sensitive and careful handling of the delicate components inside the room. It is not usually advisable to have just anyone handle this task. That is why companies who put a premium on their server room care only hire professional cleaners for this job.
You Lose More in System Breakdowns Than You Think
Many factors can contribute to the breakdown of your server system. Did you know that dust is a significant threat to your server room equipment? In fact, dust contamination is referred to as the undetected disaster and is held accountable for up to 70% of system failures.
The dust particles in your server room can get into your equipment and affect their performance. The accumulation of dust will eventually obstruct the built-in ventilation or exhaust system of the machines, which can lead to overheating. Two things can happen with this: a system breakdown, or worse, a fire. And you want neither.
That is why you should consider professional server room cleaning at least once every quarter. This way, you can help prevent system breakdowns, which in turn prevents:
- Disruption to your operations which affects productivity;
- Loss of revenue due to disturbances in your business activity;
- Damage to your equipment which can get quite costly to repair or replace;
- Loss of valuable data that are of absolute significance to your business.
Routine server room cleaning promotes a safe and healthy environment that is conducive for work for both staff and data equipment altogether.
Why Leave the Server Room Cleaning to Professionals
In a nutshell: Professional cleaners know exactly what they are doing. They are trained to handle delicate cleaning tasks, including server room cleaning. You don’t just attack and wipe the dust off the apparatuses inside the server room. It’s not the same as cleaning your home; cleaning the server room is a different case. It involves a specific approach as well as cleaning tools.
- Professional cleaners take into consideration the state of the server room: its size, the arrangement of equipment, and the room to move, to name a few. They follow a check-in and check-out procedure for a safe and efficient cleaning operation.
- Professional cleaners have all the tools necessary to carry out the task, like ladders, microfiber cloths, and vacuum fitted with HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filter.
- Professional cleaners go beyond surface cleaning. They include the raised floors, subfloors, and plenum, to name some. They also sanitize the area.
- Professional cleaners are trained to handle delicate and sensitive equipment in the server room. They understand and uphold the industry guidelines of cleaning the server rooms and data-sensitive areas, so you have peace of mind knowing that it’s in the right hands.
- Professional cleaners deal not just with server room cleaning but also to address other hygiene and safety concerns. For example, they can take note of humidity levels in your server rooms, which can contribute to the growth of mold and mildew.
Make Sure You Get the Right Team to Handle the Job
As with any other relevant job, hiring the right team to clean your server room is essential. You want the job to go smoothly and efficiently. How would you know you are hiring the right team for the server room cleaning assignment?
- They come from a company that values security. You are assured that the team is trustworthy and reliable.
- They have the proper training and skills and understand industry standards. You are sure that they are the right fit for the job.
- They understand your expectations and requirements, and they will also communicate with you what you can reasonably expect of their service.
- Their cleaning methods adhere to industry standards.
- They have a flexible schedule, which means they can carry out the task in the most convenient hours for your business.
For Professional Cleaning Service, Look No Further
We at Prestige Cleaning Company pride ourselves on the high-quality cleaning service we give our clients for more than 20 years. Our dedicated team is easy to work with, and we guarantee they deliver nothing but the best commercial cleaning service that your company deserves. We don’t settle for average; we aim to go higher! Contact us and let us talk about how we can help you with your commercial cleaning needs.