Electronics and appliances are some of the essential things in your office. Without them, it would be difficult for you to be as productive as you have to be. Losing them would surely be detrimental to your office’s efficiency. You should, therefore, make it a point to prioritize cleaning office electronics regularly to ensure they function optimally.
Tips and Tricks for Cleaning Office Electronics
How do you keep your office appliances in good condition? Here are some of the most practical ways when cleaning office electronics.
1. The Computer
Let’s start with your computers. Almost everything now is going digital. You use your PC to draft monthly reports. You present your findings in slide show presentations. And of course, you audit financial statements with digital spreadsheets. Your computer works as hard as you do. That’s the exact reason why you need to maintain them properly.
- Make sure to clean computers weekly to prevent dirt from building up. According to some sources, accumulated dirt and dust could drastically slow down the performance of your PC.
- Use compressed air spray not only on the monitor but also on other parts as well. That includes the keyboard, the mouse, the fan, the webcam and the likes. Make sure to spray in short and quick blasts.
- Don’t forget to unplug your computer from the outlet while doing so.
- Wipe the parts with a dry cloth afterward.
- Since some corners of the mouse might be hard to clean, try using a cotton swab instead. The same is true with the computer screen and keyboard– and so you could try a transparent tape to lift dust.
2. The Television
Televisions are particularly vital as they could serve as a source of entertainment for your clients and employees. They could also keep you updated with the latest news and even with the hottest scoops of your showbiz fantasies. Nevertheless, just like computers, they also need to get rid of dust and dirt, especially on the screen.
- Use a damp cloth and dry the screen afterward.
- Don’t forget to clean the back of the TV using a dry cloth.
- Make sure to unplug the TV before you start cleaning.
3. The Printer
Of course, your computer and printer come hand-in-hand most of the time. You produce a hard copy output of your work by printing it right after. That said, don’t forget to maintain your printer properly, as well. After printing, some of the ink is left on the printer – and you would not want that to happen. In fact, excess ink is bad for the sensors embedded in the printer.
- Wipe them off with a dry cloth.
- If dry cloth doesn’t suffice, try using a cotton swab instead.
- Spray some water on the clean platen glass to get rid of smudges.
- Dust off the externals of the printer, also with the use of a dry cloth.
4. The Wires and Cords
They’re everywhere, literally. The more you add to your equipment, the more they increase in number as well. You’ll therefore need to de-clutter.
- Make sure to place things where they are supposed to be.
- Arrange your wired devices properly.
- Place on your desk only the things you need.
- Put essential items near the outlet, so the wires need not block the pathway.
- Regularly clean and dust off the wires and cords using a damp cloth. Dry them afterward.
- Just like any other electronics, plug them off before cleaning.
- Make sure to dry them before using them. This way, you could lessen the chances of rats eating up the insulation.
5. The Halogen Lamp
Chances are, you also use halogen lamps on your desk. They enable you to read properly, especially on dim ambiance.
- When changing the light bulb, don’t do it with bare hands. The slightest residue of oil from your hand would cause the bulb to explode.
- Disposable rubber gloves are your best option as they allow easy maneuvering while protecting the bulb at the same time.
Let Professional Cleaners Handle Cleaning Office Electronics
Cleaning office electronics may sound like a daunting task. That’s why at Prestige Property Services, we make sure that our handyman and cleaners can handle this job for you. We are a team of experts in office cleaning, carpet cleaning, window cleaning, floor waxing, stripping, and sealing.
Other services we offer are handyman, porter, and yard services, among others. For decades, we have delivered the best results in Los Angeles & Orange County. We continue to be committed to giving you specialized facility care solutions. Talk to us today or learn more about our services.