Nothing is worse than finding stains or scratches on your hard floor just as the VIP arrives. Unfortunately, the environment constantly affects hard floors. This includes foot traffic, pets, and even cleaning materials. This is where commercial hardfloor cleaning comes in.
All floors will tarnish over time, but you can maintain their original look with regular commercial hardfloor cleaning.
There is no definitive time period when you should schedule a deep cleaning of your premises. Each environment is different, and only a professional cleaner can identify what type of cleaning your flooring needs. However, it should be practical, frequent, and fit for the right purpose.
In between deep cleaning schedules, your floors need daily TLC. Create a daily cleaning regime for your janitorial staff that includes dusting and slightly damp mopping. This basic level of service ensures that dirt and other contaminants do not stick to your floors.
Some cleaning products are great for hard floors, while others may be unsuitable or even detrimental. Find out what specific formulas are designed for your flooring instead of buying generic ones.
For example, a product that works well on wood or vinyl may smear polished stone or porcelain floors.
Why do some floors get filthy?
There are three reasons why dirt accumulates on a floor surface.
- Inadequate protection
Most dust and dirt are carried by shoes or delivery trolleys from the outside pavement. Adequate entrance matting will stop them in their tracks. Trap them right at the front door to prevent dirt from transferring to your hard floor.
- Inadequate cleaning
Prevention is always better than cure. So why wait for your floors to be soiled before bringing in a commercial hardfloor cleaning crew? Dusting, vacuuming, and mopping are not enough to give your floor back its luster. Commercial hardfloor cleaning is the way to go and should be part of your calendar.
- Poor cleaning methods
No matter how often you clean the floors, using the wrong chemicals will do more harm than good. Moreover, failing to rinse the cleaning solution off the floor will only spread the dirt around. Instead, for best results, ask a commercial hardfloor cleaning service for recommendations on cleaning products and methods.
Must-dos in commercial hardfloor cleaning
A well-maintained floor is an investment. Here are a few dos and don’ts in maintaining your hard floors.
- DO keep a mat, rug, or carpet at the entrance of your premises.
- DO keep rain trays for wet boots and shoes near the door.
- DO sweep and vacuum the floor daily to prevent dirt from building up.
- DO advise pet owners to trim the nails of their furry pals so they don’t scratch the floor
- DO invest in furniture pads to prevent wear and tear on your hard floors.
- DO check the manufacturer’s instructions for proper cleaning and maintenance.
- DO sweep or vacuum before mopping to avoid spreading dirt.
- DO use cleaners that are designed for hard floors, such as microfiber cloths.
- DO use a small amount of liquid cleaner – the mop or rug should be damp and not wet.
No-no’s in cleaning commercial hardfloors
- DON’T mop hardwood floors with soapy water or a steam mop. While they can be effective for linoleum and tiles, they could permanently damage wood floors.
- DON’T soak your hardwood floor with water or liquid cleaners. This could result in warping. Remember, water is wood’s worst enemy so always wipe up any moisture.
- DON’T vacuum with the wrong attachments. Check the product manual to see which vacuum attachments work for hard floors to prevent scratches.
- DON’T allow stains to remain untreated – especially pet urine! If your pup or kitty had an accident, blot and dry immediately. If they pee on a rug or carpet, clean up right away to prevent seeping into the floor.
- DON’T forget to spot-check new cleaner brands. Try it first in a tiny inconspicuous spot before spreading it all over the floor.
- DON’T allow water or spills to sit for a long time. These can damage your floor finishing. Wipe away spills to prevent staining.
Contact Prestige for professional cleaning solutions.
Are your hard floors out of shape? Then, let us bring them back to life. We at Prestige Property Services, we want to ensure your guests love your floors for many years. So, we offer various floor cleaning services to prevent dirt and grit from damaging your floors permanently.
Scratches and nicks are not only unsightly but unsafe as well. With proper floor cleaning and waxing, your floors will continue to shine and resist daily wear and tear.
Preventative maintenance will keep hard floors looking their best for a long time. Therefore, saving you thousands of dollars in the long run.
Commercial hardfloor cleaning is our expertise, including waxing and polishing floors in corporate lobbies, apartment complexes, and building foyers. Our service goes beyond performing a thorough cleaning job. We’ll also inform you on the basics of how to care for your floors.
Call us now at 714-224-0301 to book your next floor cleaning.