How do you describe the multiple-legged creatures who frequently visit the office?
They are common office pests that annoy, irk, and irritate office occupants and are detrimental to humans or human concerns.
What are these common office pests that roam when nobody is around and lurk in a hidden spot when the boss is around?
Their unwanted presence tells something about the office and its occupants.
Know what attracts them to the office and how you can deal with them.
The most common office pests like rodents, cockroaches, ants, termites, and bedbugs have one thing in common – they bring billions of microbes to your work environment.
Rodents, specifically black rats, are the most common office pests in an urban environment. Commercial properties with proximity to subways and open public spaces may harbor these pathogen carriers if left unchecked. The problem with rodents, aside from being a harbinger of deadly diseases, is that they like to chew whatever they get their teeth on.
A nasty habit that could destroy office documents and gobble up uncovered food – leaving traces of mucus and feces.
Smart rodents love to stay in moist surroundings, specifically sewage. They are a reservoir for bacterial pathogens responsible for various diseases:
If you spot a couple of rats in your office, crevices and openings may have inadvertently ushered them in from the outside world.
Do not dilly-dally and put pest control management on your office agenda.
Cockroaches of the smoky-brown variety made a successful exploit of urban surroundings:
- They lurk in dark and protected areas of office buildings in search of food.
- The favorite activity of these pathogen carriers is devouring wastes and decaying matter.
- They love the dry outdoors and search for moisture in the office pantry and bathroom.
Imagine millions of bacteria that cling to their legs as they crawl from the trash site to your office.
The presence of cockroaches in the office is a sign of poor hygiene.
Filth surroundings breed cockroaches responsible for transmitting diseases:
- Typhoid fever
Make it a habit to clean your office surroundings daily. Expert commercial cleaners can help eliminate them once and for all!
Ants are among the most widespread and invasive species on earth. Its strength lies in its ability to form colonies and wipe out targets. There are three roles in the ant colony, namely:
- The soldier ants have oversized heads and huge mandibles designed to defend and kill.
- The worker ants are smaller in size and less aggressive. It carts food and takes care of the queen and her eggs.
- The Queen
Wherever they are, ants embody virtues like teamwork, camaraderie, and hard work.
Do you notice how worker ants cart away food? They help each other cart food until it reaches their nest. If a parade of ants gets interrupted by humans, they immediately retreat and tell others not to proceed to their destination. It is amusing to watch them bump heads – much like a salutatory greeting – when they meet each other.
Red fire ants bite your delicate skin and cause allergies. If you feel a sting, it must be the soldier ant with massive mandibles piercing your skin.
Ants are not a threat to humans but are not welcome in the office either. If you see a parade of ants, discover their hide-out and get rid of them for good! Cut off their food supplies from your office pantry.
Termites are called silent destroyers because of their ability to chew wood, flooring, and wallpaper undetected and thrive in colonies like ants.
- They can cause property damage over time.
- They love damp areas and feed on anything containing cellulose – paper, wood, cardboard, and plants.
The ceilings, walls, floors, and cabinets, made of wood, must be treated with chemicals. In addition, stagnant water must be avoided to cut off their water supply.
You may have unwittingly carried bed bugs in your belongings to the office.
Bed bugs are not a threat to humans, but they can cause skin rashes and allergies that can be irritating.
Common office pests cannot stay in a clean environment. The occupants must be involved in maintaining cleanliness in the office. Do the following:
- Avoid eating on your desk because it could invite common office pests to feed on leftover food.
- Clean and disinfect office furniture, tools, and equipment
- Clean and sanitize the bathroom, pantry, and kitchen sink
- Make sure that the bathroom floor is clean and dry all the time
- Repair leaking faucets immediately and cover all water containers
- Collect garbage daily and place them in a covered trash bin
- Vacuum hard flooring
Are you looking for high-quality commercial cleaning services? Look no further than Prestige Property Services, the trusted name in Los Angeles, CA janitorial and commercial cleaning services.
Stop common office pests before they bring damage to your business. Call us at 714-224-0301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and let’s discuss how we can help you!