Sometimes conference rooms are where important decisions and deals are made. They play a vital role in every business, and keeping them clean and tidy will reflect well on a company. They see a lot of action – from staff meetings to presentations, brainstorming sessions, and celebrations. As such, you have to ensure that they are always ready for any scheduled and impromptu gatherings. You have to remember that maintaining conference rooms will leave a lasting impression on your most important guests.
What are the dos of maintaining conference rooms?
Cleaning conference rooms is not exactly rocket science. Sometimes all you need is some standard cleaning skills sense and ordinary cleaning tools. Here are 14 tips to remember when maintaining conference rooms.
1. Use your sense of smell.
When entering a closed room, all kinds of scents will assail your senses. Pay attention to these smells as they will tell you the state the room is in. It could be musty, dusty, or smells of food, rotten or otherwise. From here, you will get an idea of how to tidy up the place.
2. Clean trash cans thoroughly, both inside and out.
Replace trash bags and keep plenty of spare in the room. Take food waste out regularly as they are prone to bacterial growth and rotting.
3. Clean and polish tabletops.
Check under the table for food particles, dust, or other debris, and vacuum or brush when necessary. Give the walls a regular dusting.
4. Disinfect high touch point surfaces such as table and countertops and door handles.
Doing this regularly will stop the spread of bacteria and viruses that cause diseases. Make sure to use disinfecting wipes, as cleaning alone will not be able to kill viruses and bacteria. A 70% alcohol-based sanitizer will also do the trick and won’t tarnish most metallic surfaces like door handles, keys, and security locks. Don’t forget to dry the surface thoroughly.
5. Always keep glass surfaces, picture frames, plaques, and mirrors dust-free and polished.
You can use a clean cloth and soapy water to remove the dirt from these items.
6. Inspect upholstery and other fabric daily for drink spills and crumbs.
Clean and vacuum them regularly.
7. Don’t forget to wipe the windows.
Sometimes you need to attend online meetings or video calls. Dirt and fingerprints on the window can distract whoever you are talking to and will not leave a good impression.
8. Provide racks for newspapers, magazines, brochures, and other printed materials.
9. Clean phone headsets, keyboards, and other shared equipment. Disinfect them if you must.
10. Clean whiteboards, TV screens and monitors. Replace any dried out or unusable markers.
11. Provide pen and paperclip holders to keep cluttering to a minimum.
12. Encourage people to clean up after themselves.
Suggest placing cleaning essentials in strategic places, such as paper towels near refreshment areas.
13. Always make sure to turn off the lights, computers, projectors, and other equipment before you leave the conference room.
This would help the company to conserve energy as well as save on electricity bills.
14. The cleaning crew’s safety should not be compromised, especially if they are doing a lot of disinfecting.
They should wear skin and eye protection for possible splash hazards, as well as disposable gloves. The room has to have adequate ventilation, especially when bleach and cleaning chemicals are involved. Opening windows (if allowed) is one way of increasing the air circulation in the conference room.
Don’ts of maintaining conference rooms
Here are some things that you should remember not to do when cleaning a conference room.
· Don’t assume that cleaning solutions can be used on all surfaces.
For example, a wooden tabletop should be using an oil-based product and polished using a soft towel to avoid scratching the surface. On the other hand, a Formica table, should be cleaned and polished using a soft cloth and neutral detergent.
· Avoid mixing chemicals to create your own cleaning solution.
Mixing the wrong chemicals together could cause an explosion or even a fire.
· Don’t forget to label diluted cleaning solutions to avoid accidents and damaging surfaces.
Leave the Cleaning Job to the Experts.
Maintaining conference rooms is a piece of cake when done by professionals. Not only is it risky to trust amateurs to know what they are doing, but there may also be possible safety liability that amateurs may not be able to handle.
With Prestige Property Services, you won’t be leaving anything to chance. We have been providing high-quality commercial cleaning and janitorial services for more than 20 years.
Property management firms, building owners, and facility managers come to us because we know how to handle their most demanding office cleaning and janitorial jobs. We can help keep your facilities impeccably maintained, too. Call us today to discuss your needs.