It’s back to the office once again! A work-from-home arrangement is such a comfortable setup (working in pajamas, anyone?) that most employees (Did I hear all?) fervently wish it stays forever.
If you must go back to the office, take heed. The Covid-19 virus may still be lurking around the corner with its ugly spike! So, get ready with your armor of cleaning materials and disinfectants and create an office cleaning checklist!
Why Do You Need a Cleaning Checklist?
If you think cleaning is just another mundane chore, think about the billions of microbes sitting on the office desk, chair, computer, and other office equipment. If word of mouth spreads quickly, so do germs. So, make it a habit to keep your office space free from germs too!
Planning is an integral part of our daily work life. For one, it displays an organized system and sets measurements to achieve desired results. Moreover, like any aspect of the business cycle, the cleaning process must be planned and executed according to details provided in the cleaning checklist.
A cleaning checklist helps office workers perform cleaning tasks efficiently. If deep cleaning is taking up too much productivity time, then it is time to hire the services of professional cleaners.
Benefits of Using a Cleaning Checklist
1. Simplified Process
Cleaning is a tedious task – dusting, sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming. Fortunately, a well-drafted cleaning checklist covers all areas. Basically, it serves as a guide on how to clean effectively. It must be simple and easy to follow.
2. Delegation of tasks
Many hands make light work. This adage holds many aspects of our daily work life – including the cleaning process. Cleaners will not be too burdened if there is delegation of cleaning tasks.
3. Time value and Productivity
Time is of the essence. An organized and systematic way of cleaning saves time. As a result, your employees can then perform their roles in the office effectively.
4. Compliance with checklist duties
The purpose of having a cleaning checklist is to see if assigned tasks are carried out. A supervisor monitors every detail so that nothing is left undone.
5. Stress-Free work environment
Clean and orderly surroundings in the office provide a stress-free work environment. A laid-out plan and execution of details in the cleaning checklist provide just that.
What Should an Office Cleaning Checklist Include?
1. Office desks and cubicles
Do you know that more than 10 million bacteria sit on top of an office desk? That is 400 times more bacteria sitting in the lavatories. Follow these steps and make sure bacteria do not share space in areas where people sit and work.
- Disinfect surfaces frequently touched: telephones, keyboards, copiers, scanners, fax machines, folders, staplers, and many more
- Dust or wipe office desks, shelves, and chairs
- Clean window sills and partitions in cubicles
- Clean computer screens with a dry cloth
- Empty trash bins daily
- Sweep and mop floors around and under tables and chairs
2. Reception and Waiting Lounge
A first impression lasts. Clients, guests, and business partners stay in the reception area. Consequently, a clean and freshly-scented lounge attracts more business deals.
- Disinfect surfaces frequently touched: telephones, television screens, remote control, sofas, reception desk, and ball pens
- Wipe coffee rings and dust off lounge tables
- Ensure replenishment of water in the water dispenser as well as paper cups
- Make sure that the water dispenser is squeaky clean
- Clean coffee machine and filter in the waiting lounge
- Tidy up bookshelves, magazine racks, magazines, and newspapers
- Empty trash bins every day
- Dust or wipe windows and office paraphernalia
- Mop the floor and vacuum carpets
3. Dining Area and Break Rooms
Clutter is everywhere in areas where people eat and hang out. If there is clutter, bacteria are not far behind. Check out these steps to ensure food safety and optimal health.
- Disinfect tabletops, counters, kitchen sink, and cupboards
- Wash kitchenware and utensils immediately after using them
- Discard spoiled food, food wrappers, and plastic cups
- Clean refrigerator, microwave oven, toaster, and water dispenser
- Clean coffee pot and discard used filter
- Empty trash bins at a designated waste area regularly
If you hear somebody say ‘yuck!’ upon entering the bathroom, you know very well what lies in the most private part of the office. Bacteria like to settle in a cozy spot in the bathroom – if left unchecked. To deal with this, get started with the following tips:
- Clean and disinfect toilet bowl and sink
- Sweep and mop the floor with disinfectant
- Clean mirror and walls
- Keep bathroom floor clean and dry at all times
- Empty trash bins at a designated waste area regularly
- Post hygiene reminders on the walls
- Keep foul odor away by spraying disinfectants
5. Hire professional cleaners from a reputable company
A good impression starts outside the four walls of the office. Of course, clients and business partners discreetly observe their surroundings. Hence, it is good to hire professional cleaners who are well-equipped and trained for deep and thorough cleaning.
Get a free quote for your commercial cleaning requirements!
There are many things to consider when deep cleaning your office. But don’t worry – Prestige Property Services will do it all for you!
We provide quality commercial cleaning services at reasonable rates.
Our highly trained cleaners would be glad to assist you so that office personnel can do more valuable output for the company.
For us, it is all about building relationships in business. Call us at (714) 224-0301 for a free consultation as well as fast and accurate estimates.