Floor waxing is a common method done in many commercial spaces. Many businesses hire maintenance services regularly to take care of their floors. This is because your building floor is the most prone to wear and tear.
For commercial spaces, a lot of people walk in and out of the establishment each day. Floors even go through so much more if weather conditions outside are worse, making them soiled with mud or snow. Equipment going around your building can also create scratches on the floor, making your business space look unappealing, old, and dirty.
Applying wax to hard floors is a usual practice not only for aesthetic purposes. Floor wax is meant to protect your floor and even people who walk on it. There is no doubt that almost all commercial buildings apply wax on their hard floors.
Floor Waxing for Various Hard Floors
Floor wax can be applied to many different types of hard floors. There are specific ways to apply it correctly, depending on the type of floor:
- Asphalt tile or linoleum are pH sensitive.
- Vinyl tiles are also in need of floor waxing despite its shiny protective coat.
- Finished wood gives a classy, elegant look but needs minimal water and neutral solution for cleaning
- Quarry tile and brick pavers are made of rough clay texture but may also benefit from floor waxing.
- Ceramic or porcelain tile is durable but prone to grout, so an added layer of wax is helpful.
- With marble stone, acidic products can cause damage, while alkaline products can cause discoloration.
- Seamless flooring is very durable but may need a layer of wax to look pleasing.
- Linoleum or Marmoleum is also usually polished with floor wax.
- Terrazzo floors often come with a protective coating, but wax provides an anti-slip surface.
- Conductive floors commonly found in hospitals and other healthcare facilities need special cleaning and waxing for safety.
- Synthetic floors such as metal cross-linked polymers are also in need of regular maintenance and waxing for protection and to maximize its qualities.
Why Should You Do Floor Waxing?
Clean, shiny, and waxed floors create the impression of a wide space conducive for business.
The investment you make for your desired flooring will only be worth if it lasts a long time. Given the right floor wax products, your floor will be preserved instead of damaged. That is why it is essential to hire skilled and reliable cleaning services so. They will know what to do to take care of your floor.
Some businesses may think that getting their floors waxed is a waste of money, but it is actually a good investment. Spending little every now and then is better than spending a lot in a few years for a complete floor renovation. Damaged floors can cost downtime for your business and loss of sales.
Clean floor color
Dark floors show scratches very evidently. Lighter floors, on the other hand, show black skid marks. These are like stains that are difficult to remove. These make your floor look dirty and unprofessional. A layer of wax helps prevent these unsightly marks.
Hard floors can become slippery, especially when wet. Shoes with a poor grip can also be slippery on your floor. You do not want to cause accidents to your customer and employees and be held liable. Despite the shine, floor wax is actually anti-slip.
Scratches are permanent damage to your floor. If you add a layer of wax for protection, this irreversible damage can be prevented. Floor scratches are not pleasant for your business because it makes your space look old and not well-maintained.
A well-waxed floor gives your office space a sleek and professional look. Create a good first impression the moment your clients walk through your door. A neat and shiny floor says how organized and detailed your company is. It also means that you put your money and investments in the right place.
Proper Floor Waxing to Preserve Your Floor
Enjoy all the benefits of floor waxing for a maximum amount of time by doing it correctly. Quality floor wax products and proper equipment must be used for a long-lasting shine. Hire a commercial cleaning company who takes floor cleaning and waxing seriously. This is not merely applying floor wax on your hardwood or linoleum surface. Excellent floor waxing entails thorough cleaning and drying before applying the wax. This method also requires a certain level of skill, experience, and dedication. Prestige Property Services has been waxing commercial floors for more than 15 years.
Top Commercial Floor Cleaning and Waxing with Prestige Property Services
Make sure you have your floor waxed with Southern California’s most trusted property maintenance and commercial cleaning services. Prestige Property Services can make your business stand out with clean and remarkable floors. Call us now at (714) 224-0301 for inquiries, and we can give you a free quote. Start waxing your floors the right way today!