There’s vast information on how to throw a great office thanksgiving party. But unfortunately, little is known about what to do with its aftermath. Cleaning isn’t as glamorous as cooking, but it’s equally important, at least for the hosts.
Here are some great tips on dealing with the mess from the thanksgiving party.
1. Establish cleanliness before the thanksgiving party.
Cleaning will be much easier if preventive measures are in place to mitigate the mess produced. Some examples include:
- Put big trash cans in areas where people will likely gather.
- Double or triple line trash cans with garbage bags to help save time once cleaning starts. After throwing a garbage bag, another one is already waiting and ready to go.
- Get mats to shield carpets from stains.
- Purchase disposable tablecloths to easily pick up food scraps and dispose of them all together after the party.
- Encourage cleanliness by putting signs in the washroom to remind employees about proper handwashing techniques. This will also decrease bacterial or viral transmission.
2. Set the right mood for cleaning.
People may already be too tired to clean after hours of fun and celebration. Instead, try to set the mood by putting on some good music. Choose some up-tempo music for an extended dancing (while cleaning) party with the team.
3. Everyone helps with waste disposal.
Employees can help in collecting the party leftovers found on desks. Everyone should get rid of waste items like paper plates, coffee cups, and wrappers in big trash bags.
It’s also highly recommended to form a committee designated to clean up after the party. In this way, no one needs to take care of the mess by himself.
4. Create a thanksgiving party cleaning checklist.
A checklist will make sure to cover all areas and leave out no dirt. It will also make it easier to divide tasks among those assigned to clean up. Here’s a basic list to start things off.
- Collect pieces of trash such as party hats, cups, paper plates, and other disposable party items.
- Remove decorations and store them in a huge container. Dispose of all the decorations that the company doesn’t want to hold on to.
- Clean the kitchen sink by scraping out food chunks and putting them in garbage bags. Using a sink strainer will also prevent clogs.
- Disinfect all surfaces. This is important, especially since the pandemic is still ongoing. Sanitize all chairs, tables, shelves, and all other surfaces in the venue.
Don’t skip surfaces that don’t look dirty. Apply a disinfectant to eliminate sticky spots, grease, and bacteria that might have accumulated during the party.
- Clean spills and stains. Try to remove any spills right away. The earlier they’re dealt with, the fewer chances that the stain permanently sets will be.
- Vacuum carpets to make them look good as new again.
- Clean the bathroom. This only applies to companies who are responsible for taking care of their own bathrooms. This area must be deeply cleaned. Disinfect or sanitize toilets, sinks, doors, and appliances. Restock on paper towel rolls, soap, and toilet paper so that the bathrooms are ready for use after the holiday.
- Make sure that all trash cans are emptied at the end of the day. This will prevent unpleasant sights and odors in the office. Improper garbage disposal may also breed germs and put the health of employees at risk.
- Refrigerators must be empty of food, especially if the office is closed for several days.
5. Deal with food leftovers.
There shouldn’t be any leftovers remaining in the fridge after the party. These will only turn into a mess once forgotten. Deal with them right away. Prepare some aluminum foils so that the guests can take the leftover goodies home.
If the office is closed for days after the thanksgiving party, donate the food. Then, toss away what can’t be given to the guests.
6. Consider hiring a professional cleaner for a thanksgiving party.
If the office event will be a huge party, it’s best to leave the task to the professionals. They will get the job done quickly and effectively. This will also give the employees a chance to enjoy the party without worrying about the clean-up afterward. They can also go home immediately right after the party.
Prestige Cleaning Services takes away the stress of post-thanksgiving party clean up.
We understand that everyone just wants to go home after hours of partying. Our team can take care of the nastiest dirt and restore the office to its pristine condition afterward. We also offer the following services:
- Cleaning and vacuuming office spaces
- Clean and sanitize restrooms
- Clean microwaves and refrigerators
- Carpet cleaning
We’ll make sure never to miss a spot so that the office will be ready after the holidays. Book our cleaning services today by calling 714 224 0301!