Winter grayness is out, and we are starting to see colors and the surroundings coming to life. Spring signifies a fresh beginning as leaves sprout and flowers bloom. While every homemaker is planning out spring cleaning, why not do the same for the office?
Everyone will feel more energized, motivated, and productive with a clean and organized office. After all, a messy desk and workplace, in general, can negatively impact productivity. Make your office space conducive to work and take on some easy DIY spring cleaning project.
Why Spring Cleaning is good for Offices
Spring cleaning is something that should not be exclusive only for homes. The office needs this kind of special cleaning as well. The workplace also needs to be clean, comfortable, and pleasant, especially that you spend most of your day in it! And besides, the state of your office can influence your efficiency and productivity. By giving it a little TLC in the spring like you give your home, you are actually:
- Giving off an impeccable impression – This not only holds true for the visitors or clients but to those who are working in the office, too!
- Improving the ambiance (and people’s mood!) – A clean, fresh, well-organized office can greatly improve the workplace atmosphere. This will also keep everyone’s mood pleasant and positive.
- Boost productivity – Because the office is organized, you are eliminating wasted time and energy fumbling around.
Tips for Office DIY Spring Cleaning
Make this project easier for the team by following these tips and tricks, and your office will look so much better in no time:
- Divide and conquer – Section each area into zones and assigning a team to tackle the tasks in their respective zones.
- Get inspiration – Visualize how you would like your office to look after the spring cleaning. Imagine how it will make you and everyone else will feel.
- Consider getting a reward once it’s done – Maybe a new artwork on the wall or fresh spring blooms in a nice vase will inspire and motivate you!
Steps to Easy Office DIY Spring Cleaning
Roll up your sleeve and let’s get it on! Don’t worry; these spring cleaning procedures won’t take a lot of time and should not break your back. For a systematic cleaning project, follow the suggested order below:
This is where each one spends the most time at work. It is, therefore, the most likely place where you can find the most clutter. Clearing out the clutter and organizing it will invigorate your senses and allow you to focus well at work.
- Declutter the desk by going over all papers and files, throwing away those that are no longer needed. Keep everything else in folders or envelopes and store them neatly in magazine files or file sorter. Get a desktop organizer to hold clips, pens, markers, and other small objects. Throw out post-it notes that are no longer needed.
- Revisit pinned items on cubicle walls and replace or remove them.
- Organize the drawers and throw out all items that have accumulated and are not needed. Rethink the other items (for example, an unused tumbler you got as a company freebie) and consider giving them away to those who might have better use for it. Take home personal items that are not necessary for work.
- Clean the keyboard, monitor, mouse, printer and desk surface and underneath. Remove dust and disinfect with wipes, including the loose cables. Tie the cables or use a cord organizer for a more organized look.
Create a more inviting atmosphere and encourage energy and fresh ideas.
- Wipe down tables using sanitizing wipes.
- Remove marker stains on the whiteboard with a cleaning solution.
- Replace worn out dry erase markers, and old erasers as well.
Make work downtimes more refreshing and comfortable for everyone.
- Clean the microwave by wiping it down with a damp cloth.
- Rinse out the coffeemaker pot after each use and replace the filter when necessary.
- Throw away old food that has been sitting in the fridge for quite some time. Give the fridge door and handle a good clean up with a disinfecting wipe. Important: Make sure that the whole team knows about it! Post a reminder on the fridge door about the date and time of the fridge clear up.
Printer and Supplies Station
This is a clutter magnet as anyone in a rush tends to leave behind printouts and other paper materials.
- Recycle old files or toss them in the shredder.
- Organize and label the supplies cabinet contents. Restock used up supplies, or request for a supplies purchase.
Virtual Clean Up
Of course, this project would not be complete without including this in the DIY spring cleaning mission. After all, clutters can also come in digital form.
- Organize your desktop by removing outdated folders and files that are no longer necessary.
- Organize your email inbox by deleting old emails. This will make navigating for important messages through your inbox a breeze!
- Now is also a good time to change your password and back up files in external hard drive or cloud. And maybe change your desktop background, too!
Get a Professional Office Cleaning Service in springtime.
Office DIY spring cleaning is good while waiting for a thorough, proper, and professional cleaning. Likewise, the same approach will also help with office maintenance following a professional cleaning service.
For professional cleaning in Orange County and surrounding areas, trust only the reputable company that delivers high-quality commercial cleaning service. As you take care of your business, Prestige Property Services will take care of the cleanliness and hygiene in your office facilities. Get in touch with us so we can discuss your service requirements and other commercial cleaning needs.